Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sitting Around And Talking


A highlight of my day is getting to sit around and talk with students.

I love their enthusiasm.

I love their spontaneity.

I love their random outbursts of song.

The future of music is in good hands as long as they are able to hold on to each of these things: enthusiasm, spontaneity, and random outbursts of song.

I look forward to watching them grow during their careers.

I recall being just like them.

I recall having very patient and encouraging band and choral directors.

I have been and continue to be very fortunate with being able to surround myself with musical influences: students, classmates, professors, and directors.

May my students see the importance of lifelong learning from and with others in music.


No comments:

Post a Comment