Friday, November 15, 2013

Train Music

I have always been fascinated by trains.

I loved watching them pass wondering what might be in the closed boxcars, identifying the coal cars, and counting how many cars there were.

I also enjoy the artwork, er, graffiti that someone has drawn.

Nearly always "There's the caboose!" is said as the train ends.

I recall being disappointed whenever there wasn't a caboose.

I guess I'm a bit of an oddball, but rarely have I been frustrated by having to wait on a train.

This topic is prompted by a colleague asking about a certain train song she hadn't heard. I found it on YouTube.

You might want to check these out.  Enjoy the journey ...

Bobby McFerrin "The Train"
Arthur Honegger "Pacific 231"
Trova Santiaguera "El Tren"
Duke Ellington "Take the A Train"
Glenn Miller "Chattanooga Choo-Choo"
The King Singers "I'm a Train"

Can you think of any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment