Thursday, November 21, 2013

Music Has...The Power...To Inspire




Music Has...The Power...To Inspire.

A friend posted this and it gave me pause.

I was drawn to the key words: Music, Power, Inspire

~*~*~*~

Music is what I write about every day. 

When I read it nearly always involves the topic of music.
When I watch TV or Movies I always notice the music.
When I go through my day I notice the music around me.

It encompasses my life. It is my vocation.

~*~*~*~

Music having power is unquestionable.

Its power is

  • Very subjective.
  • Very individual.
  • Very personal.
There is no easy way to describe its power because for me its power changes from moment-to-moment from situation-to-situation.

I know...

It has the power to stir my emotions.

It has the power to take my breath away.

It has the power to fill me with pride.

~*~*~*~

But how does music inspire?

Music inspires Creativity. Improvisation. Composition. Innovation. Performance. Movement.

Music inspires action. Some good. Some bad.

Music inspires emotions. Grief. Fear. Anger. Joy. Contentment. Satisfaction. Etc.

~*~*~*~

One simple statement.

So many thoughts are provoked.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment